Who we are
Our website address is: http://188.8.131.52.
Our privacy obligations
We will review this policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested;
- to facilitate the creation of a User Contract (see Terms of Service for more information);
- to provide technical or other support to you;
- to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
- to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
The ‘lawful processing’ grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
We use automated decision when helping matching users to jobs. The primary way this occurs is through how we rank users. These rankings are produced by analysing user generated content, user activity and the outcome of jobs; in this context, user generated content will include reviews that users receive when completing jobs. More information on these ranking guides can be found in our community articles. Automated decision making is also used to recommend potential jobs to our users and as a part of our marketplace security systems.
When we disclose personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held, transmitted to or processed on our behalf outside Jordan, including ‘in the cloud’, by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
- SMS providers
- Payment and banking providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
Third party applications
Other disclosures and transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
As we are a regional company, with offices around the GCC, your personal information may be processed by staff in any of our offices. ARMS IT currently has offices in Jordan,
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.