Fleet tracking is a management system that uses GPS tracking to monitor the activity of fleet vehicles and assets (e.g., workers, equipment). It is often referred to as vehicle tracking or AVL. A fleet is generally a collection of land-based assets, such as cars, trucks, field workers and powered or unpowered equipment (e.g., trailers).
- Simple GPS tracking feature with vehicle/driver location history.
- Vehicle location record feature.
- Daily trips displayed on the map.
- Idle periods for a specially defined vehicle (by default, the inactivity period is set to 30 minutes, which is user configurable).
- The ability to automatically update the odometer from the GPS data of the Traccar .
- Attaching a GPS tracker to a car is as simple as entering the unique device ID and clicking a button on the car model.
- For a closer look at Traccar’s open source tracking solution, please take a look at Traccar’s homepage.